It’s that time of year again and we’re gearing up for our Wisconsin Credit Union League Annual Convention, May 8-11 at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells! To sum it up, it’s going to be 4 days of incredible speakers, great networking opportunities and plenty of entertainment (oh, and water slides, if you’re into that sort of thing). Check out full event details here.
For young professionals, Convention can be a very beneficial and rewarding experience to take part in and we at the League do everything we can to make sure it’s easy and affordable for you to attend. Over the past three years, we’ve been able to increase our young professional attendance at Convention by double and we want to keep that bar high!
So we have two ways to help young professionals make it to the Dells in May:
1) Crash The Convention! Includes sponsored conference registration, hotel and access to exclusive events
Crash events are designed to reward deserving young CU staff with a chance to experience an event they normally wouldn’t be able to take part in. Read more about 2012 League Annual Convention’s Crash here. This year, 12 YPs will have the opportunity to attend Annual Convention at minimum cost to their CU (registration, hotel and most meals are covered, thanks to our generous sponsors). This will be the third year The Wisconsin League has hosted a Crash event and as in years past, this year’s group of Crashers will gain the full experience of attending Convention and also participate in group activities that include small group discussions with some of Convention’s biggest names.
To Crash, YPs under the age of 35 will need to:
1. Obtain manager’s approval to attend Convention.
2. Be a registered member of the YP Network.
3. Submit an application by March 26. Applications will be reviewed anonymously by peer leaders and all applicants will be notified no later than April 3.
2)Discounted Registration for Young Professionals
All YPs will have the chance to attend the Annual Convention at the discounted rate of $99. In addition to the basic Convention schedule, they will also be invited to attend the following:
- Special networking event just for YPs.
- Breakout session specifically for YPs.
- Meet and Greet event with the YP Network Advisory Board.
If you have questions about any of these items, you can respond on this post or give me shout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you in May!