The 2014 Crash at the Wisconsin CU League Annual Convention brought a fantastic group of 20 young professionals together 3 days of non-stop education, discussion, networking and fun. We attended most of the major conference sessions and had some incredible Crash sessions with Andy Janning, Gigi Hyland, several WI credit union CEOs and league staff.
And the results of this Crash were great. In our Crash evaluations, all participants acknowledged that their experience:
- Provided information that will help them communicate the credit union message to others
- Inspired them to be more engaged within the credit union industry
- Grew their interest in developing a career within credit unions
Some of Crasher’s individual responses included:
- “I loved the smaller informal Crash sessions…Inspiration consumed me after each of those sessions and I couldn’t wait to return to work on Monday and share my ideas.”
- “Getting to know the other Crashers and learning about all of the great things they are doing at their credit unions was inspiring, and now I not only have the honor and privilege of calling these people my friends, but we can all use each other as resources to help better our own credit unions.”
- “Crash events provide the ‘light switch’ from seeing a credit union position as ‘just a job’ to seeing it as a career opportunity. Young people need to feel like they can make a difference now, and the Crash events help them see that they can!”
The Crashers came away from the event with some brilliant ideas on how to raise awareness and increase engagement of young adults with credit unions, both inside and outside of our branches. We’ll look forward to checking back on their progress and sharing stories of their successes as we continue through 2014. Big thanks to W.C.U.L. Services Corp and CUNA Mutual Group for sponsoring our Crash event. And special thanks to ChatterYak! for creating some stellar t-shirts for all young professionals at Convention. Look forward to seeing everyone next year in the Dells!